Monday 12 July 2010

Tell Me What's Wrong


I mentioned last week that The Agent had decided not to take on my latest novel, and that I was waiting to hear what her reasons were, before deciding what I should do next. She said she’d write ‘in the next few days’ and we’re now approaching two weeks, so I’m sending a gentle reminder today, just in case she’s forgotten about me.

I hate to nag, really, but I’m not the world’s most patient person. And sitting at home imagining all the terrible things she might be thinking about my writing is not helping with the keeping calm, or with the writing on.

As my father would say, the problem with us Analytical Masterminds is that we like to have a plan. We’re happy to amend the plan as circumstances change, but we need some sort of map or chart to look at and say, “Right now, that’s where we’re going.” Without it, we’re lost in the wilds of Powys following misleading yellow diversion signs, wondering if we’ll get there before last orders.

And at the moment, I’m wondering if I’ll ever be a published author, because without The Agent’s feedback, I don’t have a proper plan.

I do, because I am an utter geek, have a flowchart of possible plans, though, based on possible responses...

It helps me keep calm. And write on.

0 comments:

About Me

KJ
A blog about writing, and making, and doing, in the face of disappointment and rather stupid odds.
View my complete profile

One More Night

Pink Gin Presents

NaNoWriMo!

NaNoWriMo!

How To Revise Your Novel

Followers